In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Monday, February 08, 2016

10 Year Vet

Ten years ago, I landed in LA, started my job at Fox and moved in with Moneezi.  Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I was a 23 year old Midwestern kid just excited to be out of the cold and going on an adventure.  It was February 6, 2006. 

It's hard to capture in a few sentences all the thoughts and emotions that come to mind when I think about 10 years in LA.  I'm still here and have now reached veteran status.  LA has become home.  And I'm already thinking about the next 10.

But for a moment, it's time to celebrate.

The Chateau Marmont has always been a bucket list hotel for me.  Zeppelin partied there.  Scott Weiland almost died there.  John Belushi did die there.  What better place to celebrate 10 years?









This year has already been a year of the bucket list for me.  Courtside Lakers is on my 20 year list, but a few weeks ago I sat in 2nd row.  Pretty close to checking that one off.






And a few weeks before that, it was the Globes afterparty scene.  Maybe Oscars is in the cards at some point.



I wonder what the next 10 will hold....Onward and upward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home