In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Grateful Dead

In junior high, when I heard other kids mention the band The Grateful Dead, I assumed they were a metal band.  Seeing the shirts with the classic Dead skeleton confirmed that belief.

Then when I was a freshman in high school, one of my female friends decided she didn't like the Dead and no longer wanted her Dead CD collection.  Fortunately for me, she decided I should be the recipient of her entire collection of 8 CDs (a big deal at the time).

And so began my experience with the Dead.

17 years later, I made the drive up to Santa Clara to see one of their final shows.  Thanks for all the great songs, great lyrics, great roadtrips and great memories guys!





“Man surprises me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.” -Dalai Lama















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home