In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A Few Thoughts

1) I was watching the rock documentary It Might Get Loud with Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White, and at the end, the three of them start jamming to The Band's "The Weight". Jack and The Edge are singing and harmonizing, and when it feels like Jimmy should join to get a rip-roaring singalong going, he yells out "I can't sing!" and continues to play the guitar.

He was serious.

Jimmy Page. Arguably the greatest guitarist ever. In arguably the greatest band ever. Can't sing.

I found that odd.

2) I lived in my current house for 2 years before ever touching the thermostat. 2 years. Sure there were times when I was cold during the winter, but it really never occurred to me. I now look at it daily. I think that's a sign of getting older... and wiser.

3) It's easy to know what you don't want to do with your life. I see friends marrying strange girls, see myself staring at a computer for 8 hours a day, see friends' lives revolving around NFL. It's easy to pinpoint things and say, yep, definitely don't want to do that.

It's much harder to find things that you do want to do. Things you are passionate about and want to invest your time in. Things that really make you happy. Unfortunately they aren't always obvious and aren't often easy.

4) Coachella is now 2 weekends. Nothing, NOTHING is sacred anymore. Even festivals that pride themselves on being sacred. Doesn't it lose the whole mystique and water down the entire experience when you know all the bands will be doing the exact same show the following weekend? The authenticity is gone. It's not special anymore. Unfortunately, everything is about money these days and nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home