In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Best Destiny

I recently figured out what I am doing out here in Southern Calfornia. I always knew somewhere in the back of my mind what I was trying to accomplish by buying a car, driving across the country, and settling in a new city with no friends and no job, but when people would ask me what I am doing out here I would say something like “Looking for adventure” or “A change of pace” or “I want to work in entertainment” or “Running from cold winters.” The fact is that all of those explanations are true, in one form or another. But I now realize that the absolute, all-encompassing answer to “What are you doing out here?” is simply…..I want it all.

When I say I want it all, I mean that I want the best of what the world has to offer in every aspect of life: the most loyal, down-to-earth friends, the coolest, hottest, sweetest girls, the most creative, highest-paying, exciting jobs, and the warmest, sunniest, breeziest weather, all in a city that has an endless amount of exciting things to do. To me, that is having it all.

Some people would argue that you can’t find down-to-earth friends in LA or you can’t find non-superficial girls in LA. They might be right. But there is one thing I am sure of...it is impossible to find warm, sunny, breezy weather in Chicago year round. You can’t find it in New York, or DC, or Atlanta, or Austin, or Denver, or San Francisco. From what I have seen, you can only find it in Southern California.

Therefore, if I really want it all, if I am truly ready to go to battle to gain the best of everything this world has to offer, then I have no choice but to search for it in Southern California. It could be a long, hard road to surround myself with the best of the best, but when you are asking for it all, you expect the road to be difficult.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warren G feat. Mack 10

"I want it all"

t

3:06 PM  
Blogger Toastmaster said...

As usual, Warren G is right on.

"I want it all; money, fast cars
Diamond rings, gold chains and champagne
Shit, everydamn thing
I want it all; houses, expenses
My own business, a truck, hmm, and a couple o' Benz's
I want it all; brand new socks and drawls
And I'm ballin everytime I stop and talk to y'all
I want it all, all, all, all
I want it all, all, all, all, all"

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home