In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Sunday, August 05, 2007

RT #2: Denver & Cheyenne, plus The US Tour Continues: Chicago, Mauston, DC

I had a great opportunity recently to get back to my roots for a few days, check out our nation's capital, and try my hand at life as a cowboy. I spent 11 days on the road seeing my family, hanging with my close friends, and living life. If only I could do this year round...

The first stop was Chicago for my little bro's 18th birthday. How he came to be 18, I have no idea, but he is.

For a night the band was back together...

























































Then it was north to Wisconsin Dells, the largest group of water parks in the US, and then to Mauston, Wi. And it's Mauston, not Boston. Panosh has his head shaved and looks a lot tougher, Jackie was the hottest girl at Noah's Ark and she knew it, and Scabbies gave a speech about the Cubs at the campfire. Shocker.

Good times again in Mauston: late-night frisbee, working 30 year olds in beach volleyball, real world insight from Mr. Saftig, Udouj getting hazed by Scabbies since he hasn't been around in years, and Scabbies doing a lot of talking, mostly about nothing.































































































































































The tour continued to DC. While in DC, Anita and I accepted a cable industry award for a marketing promotion I had absolutely nothing to do with, but was certainly happy to take credit for.

I also hung out with Mary Denyse for a night, she is working at an aids clinic and has basically been living in poverty for the last 1.5 years, living on $80 a month. She's doing it for the experience of minimalist living and to help society. Truly amazing.















































































































I then flew to Denver for three days of debauchery in Colorado and Wyoming. We were looking for a random destination for Reunion Trip #2 and we found it: Frontier Days in Cheyenne. I went to the world's largest rodeo, shot a hand gun for the first time, camped in a prairie, rode in my first RV, saw Handsome Dancin' Dan Lefevre get hit in the face with a turkey leg, snuck into a Def Leppard concert, and participated in more homo-erotic behavior than I have all of this year.

A thousand miles away from Angie, Red won MVP of the trip and now holds an MVP trophy with Bart who was supposedly MVP in Vegas, though there are rumors that Bart awarded the trophy to himself. We are still looking into the issue.

To sum up the trip in a sentence, I would say: Cowboys do still exist...and they all appear to be in Cheyenne.

To sum up the trip in a picture, I would use this pic, courtesy of Weezay...

















Another great adventure in the books.



















































































































































































1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do you work?

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home