In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Monday, September 24, 2007

Questions for the week of Monday, September 24

1) If you stare at the total dollar amount in your checking account on the computer for long enough, will it increase and/or will your credit card debt decrease if you stare at that? (Staring is done "in horror"). I am testing that this week.

2) Is there a certain number of saltine crackers that if crumbled on top of soup, qualifies that bowl of soup as a meal as opposed to simply a bowl of soup? I think 22 saltine crackers might be the magic number.

3) Do all girls assume that by wearing big sunglasses to cover their face they are tricking men into thinking that they are attractive? I can see where this might work on some guys, but I think most of us are aware of this scheme.

4) I spent some time with some Hollywood hipsters over the weekend. The question is, how would you define a hipster? Everyone knows what they are, but they can be difficult to define. Here is urbandictionary.com 's stab at it.

hipster

Someone who thinks that they are being "special" and "unique" for liking some underground bullshit no one else cares about. And they pointlessly look down on people who don't know anything about indie culture, because that's the only thing they know anything about. They're quick to call the rest of the world conformists when in reality, they are the ones conforming by partaking in a "too cool for mainstream so i am going to reject it by looking and acting like a grungy asshole" way of life only to seem uber-fashionable. They just end up looking like idiots.

Hipster: I won't drink at starbucks, it's too corporate.

Non-Hipster: I want a Louis Vitton purse because they are cool

Hipster: You're such a conformist, having a Louis Vitton purse is so unoriginal. I like my purse I found in the gutter for $4 dollars.

Non-hipster: But it's ugly

Hipster: Yah, but no one else has it. It's completely unique.

Non-hipster: That bum over there has something pretty similar though.

Hipster: You're ignorant because you can't see the real beauty in life.I don't have time for this, I'm gonna go to my cave of an apartment and listen to some indie rock you've probably never heard of....

Non hipster: You need to see a therapist

Hipster: I am my own therapist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home