In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

In the Sun


So, I was not certain if I would be part of this massive pilgrimage to see Pearl Jam, but after spending this past weekend in Miami with KLow, Kunur & co. , I realized I need to be part of this trip to LA/Vegas. And not just for a few days, for its entirety. I know Ben purchased tickets for the crew, my question is, are there more to buy?

As for this past weekend: I'm posting a picture of Kate because she had something good to say about everyone on this blog, even Scabbies. Kate & I often talk about people behind their backs, pretend to know the inner-workings of everyone we know, and usually it ends up in gentle mocking and laughter. When I told her that I keep in touch with you guys through the blog, she asked who was signed on, and I told her expecting to hear some anecdotes about Ben being a dirty womanizer at Iowa, or of Hat being a cocky playboy, but instead she said how much she loves Billy & TC, how much she was glad Ratty is in LA, how even though Ben is a scumbag how he's good for a laugh and at heart is a good guy (I said he's just a sneaky Jew)...

I know everyone of us has been friends with Kate at one point in time, so this is a small ode to her, and Natalie Angela, Christy Koon, Taylor Bauman, and all the other hoodrats that used to hang out in the sun at 5th Ave. Station.

2 Comments:

Blogger Szechwan said...

I thought that you were going to fly out of Minneapolis? We don't have any extra tickets, but check the emails for flight numbers and ticket info to and from Midway. Let me know if you can't find the info.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Toastmaster said...

Soham! Yes! I am glad I called your ass back that day and pushed the issue! You pulled the same stunt with Florida a few years ago at first and then ended up being in contention for MVP of that trip (I think we gave it to Uncle Ben for his grumpy comments like "Can we stop speeding up and slowing down, my foot is getting tired, I want to use cruise control.") Book that flight, and we will track down an extra ticket for Pjam, maybe on stubhub.com. It's just unfortuante that you didn't realize this trip and the people on it are money$$$ in the bank until you talked with Kate, but I agree, Kate is the best, I have always enjoyed talking behind people's backs with her. See you in LA!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home