In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Friday, April 05, 2013

Chain Reaction


I went to sleep at 9:14pm last night.

Why?

Because I was operating like a basketball team trying to get out of the first half down 8 points instead of down 15. Just get to the locker room and regroup (just go to bed - nothing else shitty can happen if you're sleeping).

Why?

Partially because I lost in my company billiards tournament to a guy I never should have lost to. Going into the game, I actually knew I would probably lose.

Hi BEV Social,

I am excited to announce that Phil O. aka "K.O" is our new pool champion. He had tough oppontents all the way through, including your very own commish (me) and our previous title holder, Marc Hatfield. Phil has been awarded a prize and his name will be added to our plaque. Congrats!!!!

If you'd like to join the pool tournament for Q2, please sign up here by 4/19. Will the transactional team continue to reign, or will someone else step up? :)

Why?

Because I couldn't concentrate and couldn't hold a pool stick steady, as I was still bewildered from receiving this text just a couple hours before.

This one is a good reminder that even when I'm firing on all cylinders, nothing is ever guaranteed.  The lyric "Even if you've gone together for only a short time and haven't been too serious, there's still a feeling of rejection when someone says she prefers the company of others to your exclusive company" sadly comes to mind.






Why?

I assume lots of reasons. 23 year olds typically don't know what they want. Nor should they. They're 23. That said, I think this girl may actually know what she wants (I can't decide), and the warning sign should have phased me more than it did. When I met her in Santa Monica, and we were talking about her job, and I asked about what she wants to do if she could do anything, she said "If we're being real here, I want to be a Mom." Not that that's bad. And not that I did anything to make her think she couldn't potentially be a Mom with me. But I think there's still a red flag in there somewhere. However, I let it go in one ear and out the other, because she's beautiful and sweet and likes hiking and good music.

Why?

Because I'm a sucker for the young, beautiful women of Los Angeles, of course! To the extent that when I made good ol' fashioned eye contact with Camilla Luddington at a bar a couple weeks ago (not knowing who she was, but definitely recognizing her), I loitered around the bar away from my group for a good 30 min debating if I should approach her table and interrupt her dinner with friends to say hi.





Why?

Because it's all about finding a balance between being overly aggressive and letting opportunities slip through your fingers. I was once told you miss 100% of the shots you don't take (actually not a basketball analogy - it's hockey....who knew people still referred to that sport!).  But we all know what being a douche is, and that's not a good look. In that scenario, interrupting a dinner would likely have been the wrong move even with our eye contact, given that the worldwide web informed me later that night she has a boyfriend.   Or was it?   Exactly. Listen to the stories of how couples used to meet. They used to be very much like that. Unfortunately now they're typically "online" or "through a friend" or "we went to school together". Not much creative approaching going on anymore.

Why?

Lots of reasons. I love to blame technology, as I really do believe that's part of it. Sadly, I'm now a slave to my phone just like the rest of us. My soul is not yet completely dead (though it is dying). The only way to really change it is to have a significant other that feels the same. I've had that for stretches and it is fantastic. I've also had the opposite and it's not fun.

Go Bulls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home