In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Windy City for Thanksgiving

I knocked out another great Thanksgiving in Chicago last week featuring family, friends and some of my favorite activities. The annual Turkey Bowl was stellar, as always, and Local H delivered yet another solid rock show. I’m lucky to have the opportunity to get back to my roots for a few days to crawl around the crawlspace, shed tears of happiness at Portillos, meet friends from junior high at Orazios, chow down on Mike North’s meatloaf and watch the Bears roll the Eagles with my family.

But after every trip to Chicago, there’s that moment of clarity / peace / excitement / nostalgia in Midway Airport, standing in line at security, with family, friends and memories behind me, when a song starts playing on my ipod that fits the soundtrack of that moment. I feel like George Clooney in Up In the Air, walking solo back into an adventure that feels so different from the city I’m leaving.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shared the same moment. Sorry you had to lose the Turkey Bowl.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home