In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bringing America to England

When I was 16, I was introduced to a sport called disc golf by two friends named Dan Guzman and Paul Johnson. Disc golf quickly turned into my favorite sport, and I’ve spent countless hours over the years playing disc golf at courses in Illinois, Iowa, California, Arizona and now….England. There’s only one disc golf course in all of the UK. It’s 25 miles south of London in a park called Lloyd Park.

An old British man was walking his dog on the course while I was playing, and said “Nice shot” when I threw my drive on #3. “What’s this called? Disco golf, right?” he said.

I also introduced “bros icing bros” to some of friends I made in London. One guy really picked up on it, and proceeded to ice me 8 times in the span of about 4 hours. He even iced me at an upscale restaurant and I had to drink Smirnoff Ice out of a straw. I’m not a big icing guy when I’m in The States, but something about being the first to introduce it to a big group of people in another country seemed appealing. We’ll see if it catches on.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home