In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Malibu Triathlon

The new hardest thing I've ever done. And probably the closest I'll ever come to being in the military. 7am on the beach, overcast, standing shirtless and barefoot with a bunch of guys yelling "Let's go boys!" going up and down the rows slapping everyone on the head. Then a shotgun is fired and we go sprinting into the ocean, diving over the waves, kicking each other in the face. It could have been the Invasion of Normandy...except that it was Malibu.

Total time: 3 hours, 2 minutes.
































































































































































2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i am still laughing at the way you described running into the ocean with all those guys

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc,

WOW! Way to Go! I need more details.

I was suppose to compete in Chicago's triatholon this year. But as I sprinted towards the brisk water of Lake Michigan, an offical reached out, grabbed my arm and yelled, "sir, you can't wear your SpongeBob Life Vest during the swimming competition!" When I asked, "why not," he said, "because it will give you an unfair advantage."

And so...life goes on as I try to keep my head above water.

Congrats, dude! You're a triathlete! I'm proud of you.

-UJ

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home