In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Monday, January 14, 2008

Xmas and NYE

My trip back to Chicago for Christmas and New Years was the same as my trip to Chicago in July... filled with family, friends, and music.















































But this time around the band has a new name that we plan to keep forever, Curbside Manner, as well as four new tracks. Musically, I don't know if I could ever play in a band without TC and John...and I don't think I would ever want to. Regardless of whether or not we will end up being the biggest band in the world, there is something amazing about chemistry among musicians, and we definitely have it. Although it is cliche, if I were to be honest with myself about what I want to do with all my time, this would be it.


Here's a new one called "Over It" that you can't really hear.


Here's another new one, the acoustic version of "Left For Dead", written on the beach in Malibu.



So I guess that you know
If you love me
And you don't
I've got a long way to go
But I'm focused
I won't lie
Tell me now at 6am
Seven hurting
Eight dead
Flies are buzzing in my head
Tell your people
I won't lie
Not this time

'Cause I found
You run into my world
You run into my life
Girl, I hope you're scared
It starts at 6am
And we are left for dead

So I guess that you know
How you're feeling
I tried
To turn on all the things inside
Your heart
And your soul
I did the things that I was told
But you locked me
Outside
At 25 to run for my life
At a crossroads
Your own
I guess now I know

Take, take on what you know
And what you think you need
Me against the goddamn galaxy
And every little star
And every little place
Were built to stand in front of me
To think you could come back
To think you could regret
This life was one I knew you'd left
But the galaxy's been won
The show's already done

























































Christmas Eve was a little different this year as Johnny D. Davits and Soham came by to eat lasagna and Italian beef sandwiches (now that is a Chicago Christmas!). I like the new tradition and want friends to be in the mix every Christmas from here on out.






























Little Billy threw a party at his place in Forest Park one night, but then decided he was sick and figured he'd rather sit on the toilet while everyone else went to the bar. Good thing nurse Jules was there to wheel him out into the main room so everyone could get a good look at his pale, sickly Billy-body. Thanks Jules!







































































































































1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool songs guys!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home