In The Ends

"We only want to be free. And as funny as it sounds it's all we want. To not have our egos bound with the rays of suns. Because man should be free as falling rain. To find what he loves even if it's pain" - The Growlers

Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Waterloo Sunset"

I love when music surprises me. I thought I had atleast heard of every great rock and roll song from the 60s. I rarely hear any song from that era that moves me that I have not heard before, but this song by The Kinks is an exception. I had never heard "Waterloo Sunset" before a week ago, but it is definitely a gem. Damon Albarn, previous lead singer of Blur and now Gorillaz, says it's his favorite song of all time. Written about a underground subway stop in London, "Waterloo Sunset" is a perfect song to listen to while cruising around California on a bike watching the sun dip behind the ocean. That's how I spent part of my day today.

1 Comments:

Blogger dannyblaize said...

Hat,

I'm glad you appreciate this song. It's a song I downloaded on Red's computer back in the day and have it on a disc. Should've played it for you apparently. Just digging through your blogs and liking it. keep it up.

blaize

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home